Monday, October 3, 2011

Turning 50

This past week was a blast. I was so excited to turn 50. Probably because I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time. I'm healthy, content, living in an empty nest having my husband all to myself for the first time since we married... all good.

My siblings and parents came out for a long weekend visit to help me celebrate my birthday and we played hard. It was great. My husband managed to put together a great party with friends from various circles of my life here in Nashville. The weekend ended with a chill in the air, fire in the fireplace, football on the t.v. and the two of us, each on our own couch, napping. Perfect.

Sure, there are some downsides to getting older. Things wear out, shift, stretch, or don't stretch as well as they used to... but all in all, I love where I am. I finally feel I know things, and have something to offer. It was true all along, but I'm coming into a new stage of confidence and am thoroughly enjoying life and all its adventures.

Speaking of adventures.... I am in the process of launching a new and improved website which will include my blog. So my blog address will be changing soon, but I'll keep you posted so you can find me. New look, improved focus and new products coming your way! I'm very excited about the weeks ahead.

Thank you for joining me.

(c) 2011 Sheri Smith Bertolini

No comments:

Post a Comment