Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Thing

If you've ever watched "City Slickers," you know that Billy Crystal received advice from Curly, the sage cowboy who led their cattle drive. He told Crystal that the secret of life was "one thing." And each man needs to decide for himself what his "one thing" is.

Right now, if I took a poll and asked what one thing you'd like to change in your life, I'd get a long list of answers.

I recently realized that one thing is keeping me from living the life I want. The answer to "what's holding me back?" is the same answer it's been for years. It hasn't changed. I need to do something different if I want a different result. As long as I continue to live the way I've lived, I will stay where I am. And I am not content to stay.

I find it too daunting to change too much all at once. Even small changes can be uncomfortable. I guess I have to get over that. Even small changes deserve a long run for opportunity to become habits. I haven't stuck with any change long enough to establish a new pattern.

So I'll pose the question: What is the one thing that is holding you back?

If you know your answer, determine what small steps you are willing to adopt into your routine. Open the door to change and keep thinking about the reward ahead--imagine the end results!

If you truly desire change, things will have to be different. Pick one thing, and life can be different!


(c) 2010 Sheri Smith Bertolini

No comments:

Post a Comment