Monday, June 27, 2011

"I Didn't Know It Meant That Much to Me"

Funny how thinking you lost something forever helps you realize how much it really meant to you. And sometimes what you thought you'd lost gets returned.

I thought our youngest was going to leave at the end of this month for the summer, going straight into college. I thought I'd lost all my summer plans to help her prepare for her next adventure.

She decided to stay. You can't imagine my relief. There is still so much to do and say. I was ready for her to be here a little longer. 

Even though there is some discomfort, even heartache, associated with loss, I appreciate the refreshed perspective that follows. Realizing how much someone or something means in the wake of loss (or return of something once lost) is a gift. These gifts fade with time and we need the reminders.

And sometimes all we need is the nudge from a blog to make us stop and think about what is important to us--and who we treasure.

Grateful for the reminder,

Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment